Short of the Week is a new kind of film festival that sits at the intersection of technology & great stories. Our renowned team of digital curators have built the top online destination for short films with a fanbase of filmmakers, film lovers, agents, and industry executives. We search for the new generation of filmmakers and help bring their stories to the world. Apply to join us.
Social Media Manager
Short of the Week is looking to hire a Social Media Manager. We are seeking a passionate storyteller, strategic thinker, and skilled communicator who has a proven track record managing and growing social channels.
You will be building a rich and engaging community around Short of the Week’s mission to discover and elevate emerging filmmakers. You will use social voice, tone, style and creative to build an audience and a deep understanding of publishing tools, analytics tools and social marketing technology across platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube) to drive business goals. This is a flexible part-time role with potential to become full-time in the near term. We operate as a distributed team, and you are welcome to work from our offices in New York, Seattle, or Remotely.
- Responsible for management and coordination of overall social strategy and schedules, working with internal teams and partners on brand development, announcements, and managing social coverage of events
- Lead implementation of social media plans and strategies that will elevate our platform, create new followers, and expand the overall social audience
- Create and execute all key social media messaging and engagement on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, & YouTube, as well as other emerging social media platforms
- Lead creation of social-first content assets for brand sustainment and marketing initiatives, developing and distributing custom content for larger initiatives
- Establish clear social media goals across all platforms and consistently analyze and track against KPIs and benchmarks
- Create and manage social content calendar and determine the placement and cadence of content, provide content optimization recommendations based on performance
- Forge and maintain Influencer Relations (leveraging partnerships to develop cross-promotional opportunities)
- Staying up to date on current social media trends and implement them for the brand
- Recording all IG stories, Snapchat, and IG/FB live stats to analyze how effective our content is and what we should improve on
- Minimum 3 years experience in social media marketing or social content creation
- Education Level: Bachelor-level degree in Communications, Business, Marketing and/or related field (or working towards it).
- An in-depth knowledge of the film and TV industry is a must, along with deep experience in entertainment-specific social media.
- Proven competency across social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, as well as staying up to date on emerging platforms
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to align creative strategy with overall business objectives
- Strong problem solving, analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to drive projects from concept to completion
- Highly creative mind with a passion for storytelling
- Ability to operate on both analytic and creative levels
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality, as well as precise attention to detail and sound judgement as it relates to brand safety
- Great remote-working skills including communication and relationship-building.
Be mentored by the top short film curators on the web, and get a peek into the inner workings of the film industry. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door.
Roles we look for
- Social Media Intern
- Motion Designer/Video Production
- Film Screener
- Executive Assistant
- Self-motivated & proactive in getting tasks done—you will be driving your own schedule.
- Great communication skills—we are a distributed team and depend on timely and clear communication.
- The role is part-time (10-15 hrs/week)
- The role is on a volunteer basis with opportunities to become a regular contributor.
- We require a commitment of at least 3 months—start and end dates are flexible.
- We are an international team spread over the world, so we accept applicants from all over the world!