Short of the Week sits at the intersection of technology and storytelling. Our international team of curators from the world’s top film festivals have built the #1 online destination for short films with a highly-engaged fanbase of filmmakers, short film lovers, agents, and industry executives all looking to discover the next great voice in storytelling.
Head of Ads & Partnerships
We are looking for a creative thinker to head up Short of the Week’s Ads & Partnerships efforts. This is a part-time position to build an advertising and creative partnerships program from the ground up for the web’s top destination for short film and innovative filmmaking.
- Develop an ad & partnerships strategy that balances short term needs and larger long term opportunities.
- Develop revenue opportunities for direct advertising, promotions, and partnerships across the website, social media, email, and beyond.
- Build and manage client relationships including tracking leads, closing deals, handling asset delivery, invoicing and accounting, and performance reporting.
- Work with the web team to build out ad tools and new ad products.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
- 5+ years experience working in advertising/partnerships
- 3+ years experience working in the entertainment industry
- Direct relationships with potential advertisers
Be mentored by the top short film curators on the web, and get a peek into the inner workings of the film industry. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door.
Areas of expertise we’re looking for:
- Web Development or Design
- Film Screening & Curation
- Executive Assistant
- Video Production & Editing Skills
- Knowledge of YouTube publishing
- Self-motivated & proactive
- Great communication (we are a distributed team)
- The role is part-time (10-20 hrs/week) and remote
- The role is on a volunteer basis
- Start and end dates are flexible, but we ask for a commitment of at least 2 month.
- We have an international team, so we accept applicants from all over the world!
If there’s a different role you’re interested in, please send a note and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org