- Hulu » The best in the West.
- QOOB » A provider that not only plays host to some quality shorts but also commissions work to be screened on their streaming TV channel and MTV Networks.
- Student Films » Featuring (yep, you guessed it) loads of student films—some good, many not.
- UK Student Films » an online promoter and showcase for UK student films.
- Rooftop Films Blog » A nice collection from Dan Nuxoll’s notable festival.
- Webby Awards » Featuring online film & video nominees and winners from the last 10+ years.
- Current TV » Stories from the real world, told by real people.
- Apollo Pony » Andrew Baron’s personal collection of online favorites.
- Best of YouTube » A daily videoblog featuring some of YouTube’s best.
- BBC Film Network » Many of the best shorts from British filmmakers old and young.
- iNetFilm » Small internet film community.
- No Fat Clips » Perhaps the web’s most prolific and influential video blogger, Dekku has great taste for visuals and knows two languages (he also writes as a guest on Short of the Week).
- Animation Blog » Written by our own Ian Lumsden, he puts his vast encyclopedic knowledge of animation to use with frequent reviews.
- Directors Notes » A quality podcast that routinely dishes up the best UK short films complete with filmmaker interviews (run by MarBelle).
- Shortsville » A community-run blog.
- Submarine Channel »
- Videotron » Ticklebooth finally went and did the inevitable by combining all the recent posts of the biggest film bloggers onto one rich page.
- Cartoon Brew » Great animations new and old as chosen by industry titans Jerry and Amid
- POV from PBS » Great site for online documentaries
- Milk and Cookies » Community-moderated funny videos
- Babelgum » Exciting content site, professionally managed
- The Smalls » Short film website still finding its legs
- OpenFilm » A newer video-hosting site that has has partnerships with smaller festivals
- Motionagrapher » Motion-graphics website which often highlights cutting edge animations in short film arena.
- YouTube » Everyone knows it but few know it hosts some high-quality shorts and great original content. You can spend hours at YouTube, so be well-prepared before diving in.
- VEOH » Another hefty share of user-submitted content including a nice collection of Bob Ross painting programs.
- MTVU Best Film on Campus » A platform for student filmmakers and a great way to see some unique films.
- MetaCafe » Attempting to focus on film through a producer rewards program (good luck getting 20,000 views). A good place to go for how-to videos on film production.
- Revver » Anyone can upload a video and receive a 50/50 split of advertising revenue based on number of views. Even sharers receive a small percentage.
- StumbleUpon Video » All the videos from all the sharing sites that all the people of world have found interesting
- MySpace: Film » MySpace may be losing friends to Facebook, but it still has a strong and growing collection of artists.
- Deviant Art » This film branch of the popular artist hangout plays mostly to animators looking to plug their skills.
- Vimeo » Thriving community of people who love to make and share video.
- The Futures Channel » Connecting learning to the real world.
- Super Deluxe » Comedy channel including a few shorts from Bob Odenkirk.
- Atom » Once a great site for short films of all genres, now mediocre original comedy series.
- PBS Frontline World » A collection of terrific short documentaries from around the world.
- Eat Pes » Responsible for breathing life back into stop-motion animation repurposing found objects.
- Jib Jab » The two brothers made their bones with viral political shorts featuring to the tune of catchy folk songs. Now they’ve opened their doors to the online community featuring original comedy and a Joke O’ The Day.
- Hillman Curtis » A new media designer in New York City with a collection of short films such as his films on films, artist series, RollingStone interviews, and other short scenes of everyday drama
- Run Wrake » English animator with a fine taste for vintage imagery.
- Brothers Mcleod » BAFTA-nominated animators from the UK
- ClipBlast » Search for clips via numerous categories such as film, history, inspiration, how-to, personal finance, etc.
- Pure Video Search »
- Joost »
- Crackle » Delivering original web-series and short film collections.
- Jaman » Check out the Free Movies section and pick from their shorts collection.
- iTunes Store »
Online Film Festivals